[SOLVED] Laggy Typing

DreamsUnderStars

Prominent
Jun 7, 2020
This seems to only happen on Facebook (Firefox), and I am not sure what is causing it. I am using a wireless keyboard that I left charging over night so it's not a weak battery. I have just reset windows 10 today because of a malfunction/malware that somehow got on my system... anyway it's an almost brand new system, the only thing needing to be replaced is the GPU. I'll be typing along and all of a sudden nothing shows up for a few seconds, then the letters appear.

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows version OS information.

Browser is Firefox - correct? Have you tried Facebook via another browser to determine if the laggy typing happens in that browser?

Open Task Manager or Resource Monitor (use only one at a time).

Leave the window open to one side or the other so you can watch.

Type etc, as normal without having FaceBook open. Ensure that there is no lagginess.

Then, leaving the Task Manager or Resource Monitor window open, launch/open Facebook.

Watch what changes: a resource, the extent (%) that some resource is being used, and what (e.g. Firefox perhaps) is using that resource.

You can click the small arrows in some column headers to sort the data...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows version OS information.

Browser is Firefox - correct? Have you tried Facebook via another browser to determine if the laggy typing happens in that browser?

Open Task Manager or Resource Monitor (use only one at a time).

Leave the window open to one side or the other so you can watch.

Type etc, as normal without having FaceBook open. Ensure that there is no lagginess.

Then, leaving the Task Manager or Resource Monitor window open, launch/open Facebook.

Watch what changes: a resource, the extent (%) that some resource is being used, and what (e.g. Firefox perhaps) is using that resource.

You can click the small arrows in some column headers to sort the data being presented.

It may take you a few tries via some trial and error to narrow down the "view" and discover what is changing or has changed when Facebook slows.

Solution