Question Lags after updating Drivers through GeForce Experience?

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
Hello there,

Everytime I use GeForce Experience to update my graphics drivers I get heavy lags in almost every game. Some games worse than the others but still.
Usually im ~120 FPS when suddenly 1-3 seconds of frozen screen randomly decide to ruin the experience. When I use DDU to uninstall the drivers and get them fresh off the website again, I'm clear to play for maybe 2-3 days without lags before they magically re-introduce themselves to me...

My Specs are;
Ryzen 5 2600x @ 3,8Ghz (Disabling the slight OC doesn't change it, kinda makes it worse)
GTX 1660 Super
16 GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Ram
Most games on SSD besides Modern Warfare since its so big.

Temps are pretty good, when gaming roughly 65°c on the CPU and maybe 70°c on the GPU.
I tried overclocking my Graphics card which worked pretty well but it gets pretty hot/loud so I'd rather not do it permanently.
Its clear to me that its a driver side issue but is there any way to maybe work-around the constant re-installs?

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
If you are getting repeat driver issues I’d be tempted to reinstall Windows. Sorry to ask but this is not a cracked version of Windows?

Are all Windows updates up to date?

Its Windows 10 Home 20H2 and I just recently switched back to windows after trying out Linux. Updates are all there and I don't think its cracked, atleast I not as far as I know about it....