Lags when TV is on? and its not even a smart TV confused.com

Dron3r

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
HI there all

So basically i am having an issue where as soon as the TV in downstairs living room is turned on my gaming experience begins to lag even browsing internet can be a problem especially with youtube twitch or Facebook. The way the home is setup is that the router is in the office upstairs but it has a connection running to the main telephone line in the bedroom so there is a wire running through the roof and down to extend the ethernet connection to the telephone line and the TV is downstairs. My only suggestion is what if its the TV aerial interfering with the connection since the wire is running through the loft and the aerial is in the loft? i am clueless i have never encountered this before but it is defiantly the TV and it is not a smart tv i have checked what is connected to the router and there is nothing to make it lag so much. This can happen also at anytime of day aslong as the TV is turned on lag seems to happen.

Pointers
TV downstairs
Cable running through loft to extend the telephone line from bedroom to office
Aerial for TV in loft
Telephone line connection
Not a smart TV

Any help would be much appreciated thank you :)

Dron3r

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

ahhh okay i see so is there a way to turn off this recording via the TV? as i have always assumed though the TV has no connection to the internet its not even connected to the telephone wire it just goes into the aerial socket any suggestions on this?