Question Lags with Rtx 4070 ti super windows 11 Ryzen 5900x

Jul 29, 2024
I recently bought an Rtx 4070 ti super graphics card, I was very excited about this change after using a radeon RX580 for years, I uninstalled all the drivers from my amd card with DUD, and installed the new nvidia ones once installed, but bad news I have lags all the time on Windows 11 system, even on YouTube the GPU slows down and the videos are choppy, the mouse cursor moves with lag, I have tried many times uninstalling the drivers in safe mode and reinstalling the latest drivers and it does not fix it, does someone please have an idea or has the same thing happened to them, my Hardware is a Ryzen 5900x with 32gb of Ram, liquid cooling. Thanks for your help.

questions
What are you full specs, including your motherboard and your power supply's mfg and models? Monitor plugged into the GPU, and not the motherboard? Verify that your RAM is plugged into the slots recommended by your motherboard user manual?

recommendations
Update your BIOS to the latest non-beta version (obtain from motherboard website). What's the current BIOS version/date?
Update chipset drivers (obtain from amd website, not motherboard website): AMD.com -> Resources & Support -> Drivers -> Chipsets ->
Download HWMonitor and check cpu temps: Ryzen 9 5900X -> Temperatures -> Package -> Value
* I'm aware that your cpu is under a liquid cooler, but you need to verify temps while your CPU is under gaming load. Perhaps the pump is no long working.

js2

Jul 16, 2024
Likely little to do with the cards drivers and more to do with background tasks and temps.
Also check you are using hardware acceleration in your browser.