[SOLVED] LAN cable only works from my Ethernet switch and not my router when plugged into Xbox

Aug 31, 2019
When I plug my Ethernet cable into my Xbox from my Ethernet switch (Linksys se3005) I get a connection but when I connect it via router i left without a connection. Ps this also happened with my old router.

Solution
Ethernet is pretty simplistic and there is very little you can change/configure. You could check to see if the port on the console is set to auto but it almost always is and you can not set this option on most routers or switches.

This leave the cable. Cables are very strange when they go bad. They can work on some devices and not others. It can be anything from the cable not fitting tightly to some minor damage internally on one of the ends.

I would try a new cable they are pretty cheap. Be very sure to get pure copper cables there are massive amounts of fake cable made form CCA. Also avoid any of that flat or thin cable. You do not need any fancy cables just cat5e that is made from pure copper with wire size 22-24
Aug 31, 2019
what is the Linksys switch connected to?

are you trying to use the router instate of the switch?
The linksys switch is connected to another switch which is connected to the router.

I want to find out why it won’t work when I connect my LAN cable to the router but works with both switches

Ethernet is pretty simplistic and there is very little you can change/configure. You could check to see if the port on the console is set to auto but it almost always is and you can not set this option on most routers or switches.

This leave the cable. Cables are very strange when they go bad. They can work on some devices and not others. It can be anything from the cable not fitting tightly to some minor damage internally on one of the ends.

I would try a new cable they are pretty cheap. Be very sure to get pure copper cables there are massive amounts of fake cable made form CCA. Also avoid any of that flat or thin cable. You do not need any fancy cables just cat5e that is made from pure copper with wire size 22-24

Solution