jir0

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Hello,

I don't know what category to go to but i just want to give it a shot here.

I am trying to build a LAN Dedicated Server system for lan parties at home. I am thinking of a maximum of 24 players and would run the following games.

Counter-Strike 1.6
Counter-Strike Source
Half Life 2 DM

Quake 3 Areana
Diablo 2
Warcraft 3
Warcraft 3: Defense of the Ancients
StarCraft: Broodwar

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

I know CS, HL2, Q3, D2, and W3, can run in mid specs with max of 8-24 players, and I will dedicate a machine for BFBC2 and CoDMW2 each.

My Question is,
What are the best specs for these games to run?
Games will be installed in different systems.

Solution
the main thing is to have a powerful enough CPU. as long as your system specs allow for the game to run, you just need to make sure your CPU is at the high end of the system specs recommended for the game.

whats systems do you have available? the first bunch of games should easily host a mass of players on a P4, but the last two would likely need a good quad core.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
the main thing is to have a powerful enough CPU. as long as your system specs allow for the game to run, you just need to make sure your CPU is at the high end of the system specs recommended for the game.

whats systems do you have available? the first bunch of games should easily host a mass of players on a P4, but the last two would likely need a good quad core.

Solution

jir0

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010

Thank you for your reply.

I have a Core 2 Quad 8400.. same as my current Desktop. , and a Core 2 Duo

Would that be enough,, I just wanted to know if I really really need to get like a Xeon or Opteron or a Core 2 Duo or Quad will do.

Thanks welsh!