Question LAN driver/Ethernet woes

Conservance

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
New to the forums so I apologize if this is the incorrect board but I believe the issue stems from my motherboard so here we go.

I'm having trouble getting Ethernet connectivity up and running on a fresh system using a Ryzen 5 3600 and ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F.

Whilst installing other drivers, I attempted to install the LAN drivers as Windows unfortunately didn't get me up and running automatically. The ASUS provided executable opens and immediately closes, without installing the LAN drivers. I attempted reboots, running as admin and launching it from the command prompt.

I then tried to install the drivers straight from Intel for my adapter (Intel i211) which is recognized in device manager. These did nothing for me. I tried to reset network settings altogether. I made sure LAN was enabled in the BIOS. I've looked at many threads with similar issues but haven't been as lucky. I've ruled out the ethernet cable itself with another machine.

At this point I think I'm going to clear CMOS or boot into Linux and see if my adapter works. I'm hoping it's simply my inexperience and not the board itself but I'd like to be as certain as possible if it is.

Last edited:

Conservance

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
Try going here,

Download chipset & lan from another machine. Install chipset first then lan.
I installed the chipset drivers first (successfully). As I said the LAN drivers provided by ASUS do not work. The executable does not run or install any drivers.