[SOLVED] LAN/Ethernet Port not working on ROG STRIX Z690-E Gaming WiFi motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
I just bought this motherboard brand new, installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro copy and at first, everything was perfect except the ethernet drivers were not being detected on the device manager. I tried downloading the drivers directly from the intel website. The manual indicates that I have a (Intel I225-v 2.5Gb Ethernet Port). When trying to install I get the message "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer". I then tried using the CD-ROM that came with the motherboard and when trying to open it indicates its not compatible. I then tried downloading the LAN driver directly from the ROG website and when I tried to install it, I got the same message saying no components found. I then formatted my computer and installed Windows 11 Pro and it was giving me the same problems, I tried all the above steps and still nothing. The ethernet was working perfectly on my last motherboard and it has the green light on. indicating is connected. What other steps could I try?

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro copy
Where did you source the installer for your OS? Can you get into BIOS and see if your Ethernet/LAN port is enabled(listed under Onboard Devices Configuration>Intel LAN in BIOS)? Speaking of BIOS, can you state the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

I downloaded the Windows 11 straight from Microsoft and used their installer to create a bootable USB drive. I went to my BIOS and LAN is enable and finally my BIOS version is 0803 x64

I just bought this motherboard brand new, installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro copy and at first, everything was perfect except the ethernet drivers were not being detected on the device manager. I tried downloading the drivers directly from the intel website. The manual indicates that I have a (Intel I225-v 2.5Gb Ethernet Port). When trying to install I get the message "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer". I then tried using the CD-ROM that came with the motherboard and when trying to open it indicates its not compatible. I then tried downloading the LAN driver directly from the ROG website and when I tried to install it, I got the same message saying no components found. I then formatted my computer and installed Windows 11 Pro and it was giving me the same problems, I tried all the above steps and still nothing. The ethernet was working perfectly on my last motherboard and it has the green light on. indicating is connected. What other steps could I try?
With Intel based motherboards, the first driver file you need is the Intel Chipset drivers; the second is the Serial IO drivers. This should eliminate all of the inactive devices shown on the Device Manager app screen. The ethernet driver should load at that time.

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
With Intel based motherboards, the first driver file you need is the Intel Chipset drivers; the second is the Serial IO drivers. This should eliminate all of the inactive devices shown on the Device Manager app screen. The ethernet driver should load at that time.

I already Installed the Intel Chipset Drivers, where do I find the second drivers you are talking about? also here is a picture so you can see the ethernet does not even show on the device manager at all. Picture of Device Manager

I already Installed the Intel Chipset Drivers, where do I find the second drivers you are talking about? also here is a picture so you can see the ethernet does not even show on the device manager at all. Picture of Device Manager
Are you sure ethernet is turned on in the bios? The Serial IO drivers are the second file in the chipset section; the website is poorly designed so you have to click the Show All button to see all of the files:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...Driver_V30.100.2131.26_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit.zip

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
Are you sure ethernet is turned on in the bios? The Serial IO drivers are the second file in the chipset section; the website is poorly designed so you have to click the Show All button to see all of the files:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...Driver_V30.100.2131.26_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit.zip

Yes I am sure it is enable here is the picture so you can see Picture. Also I have tried pretty much all of the drivers from the intel website and they all give the same error not found or not compatible. Even the one you just posted I tried installing and gave me the same not compatible message.

Yes I am sure it is enable here is the picture so you can see Picture. Also I have tried pretty much all of the drivers from the intel website and they all give the same error not found or not compatible. Even the one you just posted I tried installing and gave me the same not compatible message.
How about trying it with the wifi and bluetooth controllers turned off to force windows to rely on ethernet? A fresh windows install with the ethernet cable connected may be required for this.

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
How about trying it with the wifi and bluetooth controllers turned off to force windows to rely on ethernet? A fresh windows install with the ethernet cable connected may be required for this.

Still nothing, I tried disabling and uninstalling wireless and Bluetooth drivers without results. I then reinstalled Windows 11 Pro, and disconnected the wireless antenna and leaving only ethernet connected and tried installing drivers for LAN only with negative results as well. I don't know what else to do

Still nothing, I tried disabling and uninstalling wireless and Bluetooth drivers without results. I then reinstalled Windows 11 Pro, and disconnected the wireless antenna and leaving only ethernet connected and tried installing drivers for LAN only with negative results as well. I don't know what else to do
Most likely its time to return the motherboard to the seller.

Jul 14, 2022
Hi Eduard. I purchased the ROG Strix z690-A. I ran into the same issue and just exchanged my motherboard with a brand new one (again). Same issues..

Lan light is only on when the pc is turned off and as soon as the ROG screen turns on, the lan light/cable shuts off. For some reason, it only works when it's set to 10mbps/half duplex... or when the ethernet driver is disabled..

Jul 14, 2022

I am going to try to reinstall windows and get the two drivers in that order.. keep ya'll posted..

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
Hi Eduard. I purchased the ROG Strix z690-A. I ran into the same issue and just exchanged my motherboard with a brand new one (again). Same issues..

Lan light is only on when the pc is turned off and as soon as the ROG screen turns on, the lan light/cable shuts off. For some reason, it only works when it's set to 10mbps/half duplex... or when the ethernet driver is disabled..
Oh nooo, I just ordered a new one and it's arriving tonight. But it's weird because I've seen videos of the motherboard and people are using it normally, ill let you know how it goes once I put it all together.

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
It also helps if you have the ethernet cable connected before starting install.
That is what I tried last time, I connected the Ethernet and disconnected everything else and then reinstalled and still nothing. I just got the new board today, So we will see what happens.

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016

I just got my new board today, hopefully there is no problems with this new one, if it does I am buying a different motherboard.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The issue is most likely 2.5gbe negotiation compatibility with the gigabit router. A friend has the same problem. He uses wireless so he's not fussed about fixing it. Searching around for him (same nic controller as yours) there's discussions about this issue. One possible fix was to change negotiation speed to gigabit but that didn't help my friend though, maybe he didn't do it properly. Another i read was a fixed driver from Intel, he never got back to me if he tried that.

If you can't get lan going try a gigabit nic card, or change motherboard with gigabit and not 2.5gigabit. or change the router.

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
The issue is most likely 2.5gbe negotiation compatibility with the gigabit router. A friend has the same problem. He uses wireless so he's not fussed about fixing it. Searching around for him (same nic controller as yours) there's discussions about this issue. One possible fix was to change negotiation speed to gigabit but that didn't help my friend though, maybe he didn't do it properly. Another i read was a fixed driver from Intel, he never got back to me if he tried that.

If you can't get lan going try a gigabit nic card, or change motherboard with gigabit and not 2.5gigabit. or change the router.

I just bought the same motherboard again, because I read on a different post that someone was having the same issues, and when they got the new one it was working correctly. I do need Ethernet since I play games. I did try force installing the specific driver from intel and my computer crashed lol and as for buying a gigabit nic card its not worth it, I might as well have a fully working motherboard. Also just because I forgot to post that, I have a 3 gigabit router. But as soon as I get home I'll put together the new motherboard and update everyone to see if the problem persists. If so I am not dealing with this motherboard anymore and getting a different brand, worst case scenario. Thanks for your suggestions.

Jul 14, 2022
Here are some symptoms that I have found in my situation.. when ethernet driver is disabled, ethernet light turns on. When installed, light turns off and doesn't detect anything connected to eth. When I uninstalled ethernet driver, light stays on. I was able to run mine on a half-duplex @ 10mbps and that worked.. then I found this thread that provided a possible solution to my situation: LAN/Ethernet does not work z690-f (asus.com)

If you're able to run the half-duplex @ 10mbps, maybe try the link up there. I don't have a splitter and my wifi is pretty good so I think what I'm going to try next is to take my PC to a buddy's and connect my PC to their router. If it works, then I have narrowed it down to the router being the issue.

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
It is done boys, New Motherboard arrived. I installed everything and when I turned it on the Ethernet was working perfectly. I just want to thank everyone for all the suggestions, it seems that it was a bad motherboard after all. Now I can play happy with real internet speed.

Jul 14, 2022
Could you possibly provide me with the orders in which you installed the drivers? I am thinking that may be my issue..

By the way, happy for you to make it out the hole!

Eduardx7

Honorable
May 18, 2016
Could you possibly provide me with the orders in which you installed the drivers? I am thinking that may be my issue..

By the way, happy for you to make it out the hole!
When I installed the new motherboard I just didn't connect the WiFi and started installing Windows 11 and the Ethernet driver was automatically installed. So unfortunately there is no steps. I just had to replace the board since it had a faulty ethernet. Which apparently it's a common problem with this motherboard.

And thank you so much I'm happy that this mess is finally done lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS