[SOLVED] Lan internet connection limited to 10mbps

Aug 17, 2020
Hello,

So I recently moved to a new home and when i connect my desktop PC to the internet using a lan cable the speed is limited at 10mbps. I don't have that problem when i use WiFi. my motherboard is an aorus z390 pro rev 1.0 and I'm using a cat5e cable. I called to my ISP for help and they came and tested it with their laptop and it worked fine. They also tested their cable on my PC and it dint solve the problem. I tried forcing the connection to 100mbps or 1gbps on the speed& duplex section on the control panel but then it says that my cable is unplugged and it wont connect to the internet. I also tried booting from Linux USB and that doesn't solve the problem either.

Solution
Hello,

So I recently moved to a new home and when i connect my desktop PC to the internet using a lan cable the speed is limited at 10mbps. I don't have that problem when i use WiFi. my motherboard is an aorus z390 pro rev 1.0 and I'm using a cat5e cable. I called to my ISP for help and they came and tested it with their laptop and it worked fine. They also tested their cable on my PC and it dint solve the problem. I tried forcing the connection to 100mbps or 1gbps on the speed& duplex section on the control panel but then it says that my cable is unplugged and it wont connect to the internet. I also tried booting from Linux USB and that doesn't solve the problem either.
Buy an inexpensive cable tester from...

RealBeast

Titan
Hello,

Buy an inexpensive cable tester from Amazon, they come as a pair. One sender and one receiver. Somebody did a bad wiring job in your new home and most likely you can fix it at each RJ45 jack plate. You cannot force a higher speed when it is poorly wired.

Solution