Question Lan internet works on compture but sometimes wifi there is not internet in wifi.. help

gyke69

Reputable
May 22, 2019
Hello,

fortunately this problem happened since 6 months it wasn't like this before.

while the wifi is not working on my Iphone or android devices. i have internet on my computer using lan cable.. sometimes it even lose the signal and when i reconnect to wifi it says the passwords is not correct.

i am just wonder is this problem is from my ISP provider or what you call it my internet provider or my router is damdged.

PS; after restarting my router it is working again, so i am restarting my modem around 5 time in 24 hours.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you talking about the router or the modem(supplied by your ISP)? Or are you dealing with a modem/router combo given by your ISP? If your router and modem are two seperate entities and you constantly need to reboot(power down and power up after 10 seconds) then the issue is with your router. It's not damaged but you may need to verify if it's pending any firmware updates. Can you please pass on the make and model of the router?

Ralston18

Titan
Question:

You posted " i have internet on my computer using lan cable.. sometimes it even lose the signal and when i reconnect to wifi it says the passwords is not correct. "

Are you sure that you do not have both a wired adapter and a wireless adapter enabled on your computer?

Should be one or the other - not both. Only one adapter should be enabled.

Then, with respect to the to desired/required connectivity (wired or wireless) double check the adapter's configuration settings to ensure that the adapter is correct configured to the applicable router or modem/router.

Seconding @Lutfij : please post hardware makes and models and how they are currently connected.

TRENDING THREADS