Char Aznable

Honorable
May 11, 2017
I got a W7 PC, working in a Work Group with several others. The problem is that the W7 PC can visualize every single PC with their shared printer and folders, but is not visible to the others ones. I make ping to the W7PC and i got response, but that one is not accesible. I disabled the windows firewall, the AV firewall, i set the the sharing options to share folders and printers, turned on the pc discovery, without password, and nothing. I dont know what else to do.
Any advice?

Ralston18

Titan
When attempts to connect with your shared W7 PC for file and/or printer sharing are made by other Work Group computers what error messages or pop-up windows (if any) appear?

Use the following link as a guide to double check your computer and workgroup configuration:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/cannot-see-other-computers-on-network-in-my-network-places/

Compare the settings on your "invisible" computer to those of another Workgroup computer that is "visible".

Char Aznable

Honorable
May 11, 2017
I got the typical "Windows cannot access \\192.168.0.11
I've tried to access it with it IP directly.
According to that guide, i have turned on the Network discovery on, same with file and printer sharing, HomeGroup conections, everything but pasword protected sharing. The network location is private in all the PCs.
I suspect this behavior could be a virus, messing with the LAN settings, one that the AV does not detect, and i'm leaving the Windows reinstallations as a last desperate resort.