• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

LAN limited or no connectivity

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I was using a router and had some problems with it, so I plugged my DSL modem
directly into the ethernet port in my desktop. Now I get a LAN message
(little or no connectivity) everytime I start the computer (this takes about
1 minute to generate), and then it will connect through to the Internet via
the modem. I have uninstalled the ethernet card and reinstalled it via
Device manager to no avail. Is there a remedy for this?

If everything is working and you are just irritated by the message, you can
disable it by opening your network connections, right click the LAN
connection>properties, and remove the mark for that notification.