Question LAN not working on my pc

Jul 5, 2020
I have Asrock G41M-VS3 motherboard. Changed the power supply and started pc after a long time and now i am unable to access internet through lan port. I have tried reinstalling os , cleaning all components and connections, tried installing official and realtek Ethernet drivers. When installing drivers from official website getting error " Installer can't find athreos ar81 family Ethernet controller". And when installing realtek driver it shows for sleep mode. But I have enabled the on board lan in bios and it didn't worked. Also when connecting to broadband shows 651 error. Please tell the solution.

Jul 5, 2020
Did you manage to connect all possible power connectors to the mainboard when you swapped the PSU?

What is the reason you swapped PSU in first place ?
[/QUO
Did you manage to connect all possible power connectors to the mainboard when you swapped the PSU?

What is the reason you swapped PSU in first place ?
I have replaced my power supply because can't getting enough power from it.
Yes i have connected 24 pin and 4 pin connector to motherboard. I have connected 3 hardisks(150 gb ide , 150 gb sata, 3000 gb sata) in one line of power supply and another one line is unusable with one sata and one ide connector. I there any possible link between these two?
I have one more issue. My computer starts normally but if i restart it stucks before logo with no display and out of 2 leds on power button only one glows and 3 leds on keyboard do not blinks simultaneously. This is the second major issue.

Well, hard to say exactly what the problem might be. Personally I think you have one device that draw excessive amount of power (i.e. almost short circuit). But cannot pinpoint exactly what or where.

So do this:
  • Disconnect every storage device.
  • Disconnect every USB device not in use (i.e. only the keyboard)
  • Disable any physically connected device you don't have to use.
  • Then power it up and see if it works.

Jul 5, 2020
Well, hard to say exactly what the problem might be. Personally I think you have one device that draw excessive amount of power (i.e. almost short circuit). But cannot pinpoint exactly what or where.

So do this:
  • Disconnect every storage device.
  • Disconnect every USB device not in use (i.e. only the keyboard)
  • Disable any physically connected device you don't have to use.
  • Then power it up and see if it works.
I have tried disconnecting all non essentials but it is not fixing issue. In lan port only yellow led is on and orange is off. I think restart problem is connected to network issue. Maybe normal restart let Windows detect lan port. When i enable pci power in bios and restart occurs it gets stuck. I have searched for one way to check lan port is functional by command ping 127.0.0.1 -t and according to this lan port is working. Also the realtek Ethernet chip is heating means it is getting supply. Do i need to contact repair centre? Or any other thing can be done. Please note that my previous power supply is faulty i think it had affected the motherboard components. So Please tell whatever troubleshooting can be done in os. If not succeed then i have to go for hardware repair.

Jul 5, 2020
I think I have to get this more deeply explained. Can you tell what models and age of both new and old, and why you draw that conclusion? Was there something else that was malfunctioning and did the PSU swap resolve that ?
My old psu was cheap one from frontech, 450 watt. That was a horrible smps. It was unable to run my 3 hard drives simultaneously. Also with external hard drives even in usb port with most power. Also when connected pendrive or smartphone it shuts down when performing copy paste operations. My new one is Circle 400watt smps. And i have used it to extreme condition. Connected with 3 internal hardisks, 1 optical drive, 2 chassis fans, connecting pendrives external hardisks and phone simultaneously but never faced that previous issues. Neither any other abnormal behavior related to power.
Apart from this, i think restart issue is hindering me to solve LAN port issue. Whenever i try to enable lan in bios and then save restart it get stucks with no display. And then i have to switch off and have to try to start, after logo it shows to load default values by pressing f1 or f2 to enter bios with Cmos bad checksum error.

TRENDING THREADS