[SOLVED] Lan ports not working in Wireless Bridge mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankydu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I have a TP-Link router model W8968 wireless n300 router with adsl modem. This router is set as a wireless bridge with my Netgear R7000 router. The wifi is working fine with this router however when i connect anything via lan ports it doesn't work. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Solution
I want both WiFi and ethernet out from the wireless bridge. WiFi output is working fine but ethernet out is not working.
Usually, bridge mode does not supply WIFI. Repeater or access point are the two operational modes that provide WIFI.
Bridge mode uses the radio hardware as a receiver only. It does not accept other clients.

kanewolf

Titan
I have a TP-Link router model W8968 wireless n300 router with adsl modem. This router is set as a wireless bridge with my Netgear R7000 router. The wifi is working fine with this router however when i connect anything via lan ports it doesn't work. Can anyone suggest a solution?
Wireless bridge mode is intended for a WIFI input with ethernet output. Is that how you are using this device?

ankydu

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Usually, bridge mode does not supply WIFI. Repeater or access point are the two operational modes that provide WIFI.
Bridge mode uses the radio hardware as a receiver only. It does not accept other clients.
The tplink router I am using as a wireless bridge did not have a repeater functionality (in the interface). It only shows wireless bridge option. It is connected to the main router via WiFi only and is able to provide connectivity over WiFi. But no output via lan ports. I don't know what else to try.

kanewolf

Titan
The tplink router I am using as a wireless bridge did not have a repeater functionality (in the interface). It only shows wireless bridge option. It is connected to the main router via WiFi only and is able to provide connectivity over WiFi. But no output via lan ports. I don't know what else to try.
Then it is probably a limitation of the hardware you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.