LAN ports stopped working but wifi works on ASUS RT-AC55U router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2018
Hi guys,

I have asus router from the topic header, few days ago LAN ports suddenly stopped showing any devices connected to them. Both wifi networks 2.4 and 5 are working but everything in 4 lan ports is not. I tried reseting to factory, and it didn't help, I tried upgrading to the latest firmware and that didn't help too. I see that router is seeing the cables connected to ports - in asus managment board I can see 2 devices connected and their speeds (1 gbps and 100mbps) but none visibility on network. Also in asus managment board I don't see any ip addresses assigned to those ports.

Had anyone had similar problem? I have searched the forums and found some similar topics but they are not exactly the same as my problem

Do you have an aftermarket firmware on this router? (openwrt, dd-wrt, etc.)
Did you try connecting one computer via the LAN side right after factory reset? Don't go in and configure anything, just try to log in to the router via LAN connection right after factory reset.

Mar 12, 2018
I haven't tried any aftermarket firmware yet. But I have tried to login via LAN with my lap top and it didn't work. Also tried to set my laptop static address (the address which I know it worked before) and it still doesn't work, no internet and no visibility in lan.

Dec 13, 2021
Did you find a solution for your issue? I have identical issue with my Asus router. From time to time, sometimes several times a month or even a week -- LAN port stops working while WiFi is working. Only hard reboot resolves the issue for some time.
Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS