LAN Speed slow still swaped wires and hardware

chrissh33han

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
Computer 1 and Computer 2 are both the only things plugged into a TG50g using multiple cat6 and 5e cables which were either store bought or built myself. The lights on the switch are green and I am getting solid and consistent internet speeds. However I can not get my machines to communicate faster than I can spit across the room to the other PC. LAN Speed Test

I have updated the drivers on both machines for everything and double checked the bios and the cards all are supported and up to date. I then tried a USB 3 Adapter with the same results.

I searched around and tried multiple different [SOLVED] threads but nothing seems to be working for me. Here are the details for the cards and the USB adapter.

Machine 1 with adapter
Machine 1 auto
Machine 1 error
If I force the intel card to 1gb it drops entirely and does not come back up. Tried with multiple wires.
Machine 2

I have also tried a different switch, a TPE S50 and understand that read/write speeds are a factor but this is a problem even when screen sharing. The streamed video will stutter but the source pc is fine and nothing over the internet.

Any idea's would be great. About to just pick up another gig adapter and connect them together since they are in the same room....

Thanks ahead of time :)

chrissh33han

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
It was a faulty switch. Moved my TP Link C9 into this room just to test it and the results improved drastically.
https://imgur.com/8nXr0zY

The TPE S50 does not support gig lan according to the manufacturer website, although it says it does elsewhere.
And the TG50 just seems to be faulty.