LAN To USB Adapter

Selvin Job

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
I Purchased SONY LED Smart TV in which i want to connect mobile broadband through USB Dongle. My TV model Does not support Moblile broadband through USB. Rather my TV has LAN Ethernet which connects Internet through broadband.
Can i use LAN to USB adapter for Connecting Internet through my USB Mobile Broad band?

Urumiko

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013

I.m not sure why you'd want to do this?
What usb devices the tv supports will depend on the firmware.
A lot of TVs like this have an optional WIFI dongle. why dont you get that and use your phone as an access point?

I know on android above a certain version you can use a USB host cable to connect USB devices to your phone. I think in theory you could connect a USB ethernet card and do it that way but its a bit of a bodj job.

The third alternative would be to get a router which has the option of a 3g backup.
eg http://www.netstoredirect.com/tp-link-wireless-routers/32778-tp-link-3g-3-75g-wireless-n-router-6935364051495.html?gclid=CNL1pejslrwCFQdY3god-Q4Atw

I have no idea why you'd want to run a smart tv over 3g though.

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
If the TV set is anywhere close to your router, just run Ethernet cable from the router to the TV & you'll be connected just fine.

The problem with finding a LAN-to-USB adapter to connect your USB dongle is that Ethernet ports don't provide power the way USB ports do, so you'll be looking for an adapter that has a power cord & DC converter on it. Again, that's a messier situation than just plugging Ethernet cable into the TV.

If Ethernet simply won't work for you, though, then like Urumiko said check with the TV manufacturer to see if they have any other options available to work with the TV.

Selvin Job

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

Selvin Job

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Thanks for your reply. the next superior model(32W650) of my TV had two USB Ports One equipped for web cam and the other for Accessing net through USB Mobile broadband dongle to use skype.
But in my TV model(32W600) Has only one USB for connecting webcam and One LAN Port for connecting Broadband through Router. Since i want to Utilize USB Mobile Broadband at LAN Port and USB For webcam.
Is it possible to use USB LAN adaptor for the above problem?

Urumiko

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013
Erm.. Are you sure it's mobile broadband you are talking about and not WI-FI? do you have a home internet connection? If the number of ports is the only issue and the TV supports the dongle, just get a USB hub.