Question LAN

Apr 10, 2019
extrememontage.co.ke
Hi, i would like to create a strong LAN network in my organization using both wired and wireless.
My organization has got some extension of departments from the main building (100-200m away) the computers there are wifi enabled
Which devices can i use create it?

Hi, i would like to create a strong LAN network in my organization using both wired and wireless.
My organization has got some extension of departments from the main building (100-200m away) the computers there are wifi enabled

Best thing to do is to get a network consultant in, maybe from your ISP to help you. You don't want to setup a network for a business without any experience if you want the business to run properly.

Reactions: digitalgriffin

Depends on size and what kind of features you need. Number of connections, Bandwidth requirements, SPI/DPI firewall, Intrusion detection, Authentication, VPN, throughput.

Hire an expert to evaluate your needs. Setting up a network for a business isn't just "Buy a package" and go. There are many things you have to consider to make sure it fits your business's needs. It also takes someone with skill who understands networking to maintain it. Network cabling, routing, switches + rules can quickly become a full time maintenance job. So you'll need to retain someone as requirements get more complex.

There are plenty of small contract IT companies that offer these kinds of services for a fee. It's a win win for small business as you don't have to pay for full time staff, and they make money with support when you need it.

I know a great one in Maryland I can refer you to. (I'm not affiliated with them in any way.) But they run the networks for the majority of school systems in the Baltimore County area.