LAN

This shouldn't be that hard. I have a desktop running XP Professional
connected via an ethernet card to a Linksys WRT54G wireless router which is
then connected to a cable modem. I had three computers connected to it and
everything was fine. Then I installed Service Package 2 on two machines and
bought a new hard drive for the third and installed a new XP update on it,
also with SP2.
Machine 2 is connected to the LAN with a wireless card and seems to be
holding up fine. Matter of fact, it can see all three machines. Machine 3
with the new hard drive can see none of the network. Machine 1 with the
ethernet connection used to see all three, but then I ran netsc int ic reset
and it now can see nothing.
I have Notone Internet Security on all three and I have turned them all off.
I have Norton Anitvirus on all three and I have disabled those. I even
disabled the firewall on the router and it goes without saying that the XP
firewall is disabled. Nothing seems to work.
All three machines can access the internet. All three machines cannot
access the LAN. What gives? It just shouldn't be this hard.

jeff

Can the computers ping each other on the LAN? If so, they can be accessed by
typing in the IP addreess directly in a windows browser window. Something
like \\192.168.0.2 . If that works, you have a master browser issue (very
common) and it actually will often fix itself if you have everything else
set up correctly (workgroups, firewalls, etc), then access each resource by
IP address, and then leave all the comptures on for 72 hours. (Yes, hours.
It can take a long time for them to clear their caches and discover each
other)