Question Laptoo won't run on battery, even after replacement

rex48

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Two months ago I was on vacation to a place I wouldn't expect to have the greatest power grid. Unfortunately, my computer was plugged in during a power outage, and stupid me didn't disconnect it, even after a couple of times it came back on. My computer was obviously the victim of a surge, and it started having numerous issues like not turning on or randomly turning off after some time using it.

Almost all of these were fixed after taking out the CMOS battery and putting it back in. However, soon after my laptop would no longer boot on battery power and it would show that the battery would go from something like 50% to 100% in about 20 mins or so, which is obviously way too fast. This led me to check its voltage and see it was way too low than it should be. I pulled out the battery and ordered a new one and have been using it with the AC adapter ever since, which is very inconvenient.

Yesterday the new battery I ordered arrived, but when I put it in it the laptop still wouldn't boot until I connected my charger. Windows shows the battery to have 57% charge, however it's not charging according to it as well. I've already tried uninstalling the battery drivers but that doesn't fix anything. I realize there's probably motherboard damage, I'd just like to cover all my based here. Please help.