Laptop advice - best money can buy

luckycharms

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
HI all,

I'm looking for a portable laptop, good battery life, good processing power (it will do number crunching, etc.). Basically, I'm looking for the best thing fitting my needs that money can buy. I'd potentially be interested in a convertible style, but that isn't make or break. Thanks in advance!

1. What is your budget?
$3500 or so - can go higher if warranted

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14-15". Thin, sleek, portable, durable.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Min 1920 on a side.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Ideally both!

5. How much battery life do you need?
Above 10 hours would be good.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo editing. Scientific computing. Drone image stitching sometimes. Sometimes heavy tasks.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
2TB, but can upgrade after purchase.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
HP often seems like bad build quality to me. Lenovo, maybe Dell ok. Gaming brands seem to build heavy bricks - i'm more interested in a thinner, sleeker portable that still packs a punch under the hood.

13. What country do you live in?
US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

TRENDING THREADS