Question Bricked BIOS on Alienware M17X R3 Laptop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2022
Hi, I found a laptop on the internet that someone was selling cheap, the reason for selling the laptop was that he tried to install the bios but it failed, since then the laptop does not work, only the keyboard lights up, the fans spin but there is a black screen, the laptop doing 7 beeps... idk how to fix the 7 beeps... is this 7 beeps cause bios are bad? Or this guy only lie, and he selling me laptop with broken cpu or cpu, or something??... 7 Beeps ! - Black screen, Keyboard lighting,Fans normal speed... Thanks !

hi, this link dont work, i open and iam on dell.com only...
M17XR3 Corrupted Bios - Dell Community

If you have access to another machine, extract your BIOS.EXE to get the PAR00MEC.FD rom from it. To extract it, just use WinRAR.

Rename it to PAR00X64.fd. This is now your recovery ROM.

Put it on a UBS stick and insert it into the hybrid slot.

Hold WIN key + B and power on. Once powered on, the LED lights might act differently, after about 5 secs, release the keys.

It will take anywhere from 2 mins to 6 mins to reflash and then it will reboot. While its flashing, it will beep every few seconds to tell you it is doing it.

This should recovery flash your machine. If this doesn't work, let us know and I'll check int he recovery file to see if they key press to activate USER RECOVERY instead of AUTO RECOVERY was changed by the Dell Engineers.. But being Insyde BIOS, default keys are WIN + B...

PS: Some machine require you to remove power, remove battery, insert USB, plug in power, then boot within 2 mins WITHOUT battery and holding WIN + B... Once done, insert battery and boot normally.

Dec 3, 2022

If you have access to another machine, extract your BIOS.EXE to get the PAR00MEC.FD rom from it. To extract it, just use WinRAR.

Hold WIN key + B and power on. Once powered on, the LED lights might act differently, after about 5 secs, release the keys.

It will take anywhere from 2 mins to 6 mins to reflash and then it will reboot. While its flashing, it will beep every few seconds to tell you it is doing it.

This should recovery flash your machine. If this doesn't work, let us know and I'll check int he recovery file to see if they key press to activate USER RECOVERY instead of AUTO RECOVERY was changed by the Dell Engineers.. But being Insyde BIOS, default keys are WIN + B...

PS: Some machine require you to remove power, remove battery, insert USB, plug in power, then boot within 2 mins WITHOUT battery and holding WIN + B... Once done, insert battery and boot normally.
i tested this, laptop beeping like instaling bios (2min),(another beep sound)soubd like its working, but after this laptop go off, and on, and again 7 beeps.... and black screen...

Dec 3, 2022

update: i found sonething wrong, my laptop alieenware support only gpu mxm nvidia geforce gtx 500 series supported,(limited) and in my laptop is gtx 770 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.