Laptop and Adapter: Is there a problem with this laptop ?

Jul 7, 2021
Im planning to buy a laptop, Made up my mind about it and was about to pull the trigger. But my question about its adapter stopped me.

So here's the laptop:

Clevo chassis

i7 11800 45w GPU
RTX 3060 115w+15wdb2.0 GPU
16gb ram
1080p 17" screen

Now the laptop looks all good and dandy, but it uses 180W - 19.5V / 9.23A adapter with 4 cell 63.32wh battery.

My question here is, can this adapter work for this laptop? Can both GPU and CPU work at maximum load ? Will there be any problems with this ?
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this kind of technical question.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Yeah the adapter should be working with the laptop, otherwise the laptop would've seen a revision of their power input and/or their design. Also, this is the right section to ask the question. If you add the TDP of both the CPU and GPU, you get 160W, which leaves you with 20W of headroom. In reality the PSU will give a little more when asked for a brief period of time but you're going to be fine.

Out of curiosity, do you get to choose a higher output adapter? Dell had an option to go for a 220W when you purchased a laptop off their site.

Jul 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Yeah the adapter should be working with the laptop, otherwise the laptop would've seen a revision of their power input and/or their design. Also, this is the right section to ask the question. If you add the TDP of both the CPU and GPU, you get 160W, which leaves you with 20W of headroom. In reality the PSU will give a little more when asked for a brief period of time but you're going to be fine.

Out of curiosity, do you get to choose a higher output adapter? Dell had an option to go for a 220W when you purchased a laptop off their site.

Thanks for the answer!

I sadly have no option to pick a higher output adapter. The producer i'm buying from is a local (turkish) one that uses clevo chassis from taiwan.

Here you can see it, translating the website should do the trick.

TRENDING THREADS