Question Laptop automatically triggers the action set to "What happens when you close the lid?"

Sep 12, 2021
My laptop somehow automatically triggers whatever action I set to "What happens when you close the lid" I have talked to the Dell support and have basically replaced every single part along with hard formats. There are no magnets nearby, nor do any of my peripherals cause this problem. Does anyone have any idea?

Sep 12, 2021
Just set "What happens when you close the lid" to ''no action''. It might be button problem in hinge that sticked or something. Also try reinstalling windows or os that you use.

Sep 12, 2021
Just set "What happens when you close the lid" to ''no action''. It might be button problem in hinge that sticked or something. Also try reinstalling windows or os that you use.
Yeah i have set that action, but it still turns off the screen causing random black outs. Like the system is still working but it is frequently blacking out and it's annoying...

I have basically replaced every part, including that button.
Have formatted as well. Still the same...

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021
Yeah i have set that action, but it still turns off the screen causing random black outs. Like the system is still working but it is frequently blacking out and it's annoying...

I have basically replaced every part, including that button.
Have formatted as well. Still the same...
Well sorry then, but if you checked everything including hinge button or sensor, depending on model, i think it is motherboard problem. Imagine little chip somewhere on motherboard just heated and broke or you dropped your laptop and some little pin came off. That can be enough to cause these problems.