[SOLVED] Laptop Battery Dead / Not Charging / 255% / Not detected

NickieSanx

Prominent
Sep 24, 2019
Hi, thnx in advance for those who answer.
I have a Toshiba Satellite C55D-B5310

Detailed Specs
https://support.dynabook.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=4006598&isFromTOCLink=false

I had it in store for a few years because the hdd died. Windows was in a boot loop. I didn't want to loose the info in the hdd and didn't have any way to make a backup. Time went on and i forgot to buy a new one to replace it so i left it to gather some dust somewhere in my apartment.
Now i found it and decided to revive this 2014 laptop.

Finally made it start by installing a clean Windows 10 64 bit in the new ssd. When i entered Windows i realized this laptop also had battery issues.
Remember using it before it died and the battery was dead. It never got charged.

Just installed Toshiba Pc Health monitor to check the status. Got amazed that the program says the battery is healthy (???) ...

TmulZMK.jpg

But the tray icon of the Battery was indicating that it was plugged in but not charging.

I proceed shut down remove the battery clean it carefully without blowing and plugged it in again. Booted and then it said 255% available plugged in.
Entered Toshiba's support homepage but couldn't find any driver called "battery" so i installed the Utility one.

https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200009173&osId=3333785

hYwoIBB.png

Rebooted the laptop and got the current new error/indication

No battery detected.

In all this mess i found out about a commandprompt powercfg /batteryreport and energyreport. Got the reports but i don't know how to post them here. If these are necessary somehow

So... The question would be. Is my battery dead? Is it driver issue? How to know for sure?

NickieSanx

Prominent
Sep 24, 2019
the battery is almost certainly exhausted.

you have two options:
a) always run it on AC power
b) buy a new, replacement battery
Yeah.. thought this would be the case. To be honest its a 2014 laptop.
BTW i tried to enter the Toshiba part shop for a replacement but couldn't seem to reach it .. Like United States one its down for some reason maybe another day or i am doing it wrong..
Also could it be the case that it is so old that they aren't making it anymore?

Do u know what battery name/model should i be looking for? Which brands should i aim for? Which ones should i stay away?

TRENDING THREADS