Laptop battery died during a windows update

Phil3636

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
My Asus laptop battery died during a windows update. Now there is just a black screen , which keeps on looping , saying 'attempting to recover installation..... then
Restoring your previous version of windows...
I don't have a windows installation disc as the software was pre-loaded.
Can anyone help ?

Solution
So, I have a few suggestions.. I would either call ASUS and see if they can mail you an OEM Windows Recovery Disk.. Or call Microsoft directly (if the sticker with your Microsoft OEM Product Information is still on the laptop) and get an OEM Recovery disk from them..

There is another way..

I would get Linux onto a bootable USB (you can use Unetbootin - https://unetbootin.github.io/ ) Boot into the USB by holding (i think its F12 or "DEL/Backspace") for the boot menu and get into Linux (I suggest Ubuntu since its similar to windows) and copy your personal files from the machine..

After your files are copied.. you can then restore the laptop to factory settings..

Boot up and hold F9 for the Recovery Partition and select to install...

The Ginger

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014
So, I have a few suggestions.. I would either call ASUS and see if they can mail you an OEM Windows Recovery Disk.. Or call Microsoft directly (if the sticker with your Microsoft OEM Product Information is still on the laptop) and get an OEM Recovery disk from them..

There is another way..

I would get Linux onto a bootable USB (you can use Unetbootin - https://unetbootin.github.io/ ) Boot into the USB by holding (i think its F12 or "DEL/Backspace") for the boot menu and get into Linux (I suggest Ubuntu since its similar to windows) and copy your personal files from the machine..

After your files are copied.. you can then restore the laptop to factory settings..

Boot up and hold F9 for the Recovery Partition and select to install over the whole drive.. it should take some time and eventually you will have the laptop as it was when you first got it...

Solution