Question Laptop battery drain?

Feb 22, 2019
Hi

I have a toshiba L750-16L laptop I just bought and I am having a battery issue with it. I was previously running Windows 7 and the battery the laptop came with used to have messages on the bottom right saying "plugged in not charging" or "consider replacing battery" with a flashing red cross on the battery icon. The laptop battery didnt last very long too.

I installed a used battery exactly the same as the "faulty" one that I took out of my old toshiba laptop that had been abused (Not sure how good the battery on it was).. and installed Windows 10 on the laptop. However this battery charges to 100% in literally 15-20 minutes and you can see the battery draining SUPER fast when using the laptop. The laptop doesnt last more than 10- 15 minutes on the battery.

I thought it was due to the operating system but I installed my old Windows 7 hard drive into the laptop but the issue is still there. Windows 7 is telling me "Consider replacing the battery" as well and this is my 2nd battery I tried? The battery charges to 100% and I can see the battery level going down. It will go from 100% to 73% in 6 minutes without using the laptop for anything.

My question is.. Is there some kind of compatibility issue with the laptop and the OS's or are both batteries faulty? Both batteries are very old.. Definately over 1 2 years so maybe I should buy a new one and these dont have enough capacity any more?

Thank you.