Question Laptop battery dying in under an hour???

sbrookes916

Honorable
Oct 30, 2017
My laptop is dying in under an hour
I replaced it yesterday and I am still having the same problem
The only thing I can see, is under task manager the task 'iaStorAfsService.exe Intel(R) Optane(TM) Memory Service' is constantly on 'high' or 'very high'
Please help!! :)

Lutfij

Titan
Can you parse a link to the battery you're working with? Did you fully charge the battery prior to operating off of it? Usually you're advised to charge the battery to full, then discharge it multiple times to aid in power cycling the battery(that's been sitting idle for a while in storage).

Make and model of your laptop? BIOS version for said laptop?

sbrookes916

Honorable
Oct 30, 2017
Can you parse a link to the battery you're working with? Did you fully charge the battery prior to operating off of it? Usually you're advised to charge the battery to full, then discharge it multiple times to aid in power cycling the battery(that's been sitting idle for a while in storage).

this is the battery i am working with: https://www.thelaptoppowersupplyshop.co.uk/hp-pavilion-14-ce3520sa-3-cell-laptop-battery-302413
I have fully charged it and discharged it once already

HP Pavilion 14-CE3520SA
insyde f.06 (08/04/2020

Thank you for your swift reply! :)

TRENDING THREADS