Laptop battery is good in condition or not!!

malik_42

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017
Hii !!
Actaully i just bought Dell Latitude E7470 i5 6th gen and it is used in condition(almost 3-4 months warranty left).The thing that i just want to ask from you people is related to battery whether it is in good condition or not because "battery report " shows that full charged capacity is less than designed capacity.Does it really matters? and How much difference is not really considerable?.I have uploaded the "battery-report "screen shots . Kindly check it as brief as you can.If there is some type of software which can show some more aspect of battery or the thing which i should do to see my battery activity.Kindly suggest me.I will be thankfull to you.
Kindly check these Battery-report screen shots ----->
1)https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DPVz8G1WNbthXVmOmSHIH8p_GzCVSK80
2)https://drive.google.com/open?id=11l6gB3r6s2hBX9xYgO2_N01XoDuGbrD2
3)https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a4RPnN6nTdqpaNcT8dxXwoqgnGrTIlS-
4)https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y-Ktr3g4qbcgekfqQ5QdpLQuBN1bol2n
5)https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sR5XKR5z5HzWM8JrZ2nTLQj59KNl3FO_

Last edited:
I can see no screen shots or links to same.

All rechargeable batteries deteriorate over time, so even when fully-charged it will gradually lose it's ability to hold that charge --- the result is less running time than when it was a new battery. All perfectly normal behaviour. Eventually the battery will have to be replaced.

Reactions: malik_42

malik_42

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017

All rechargeable batteries deteriorate over time, so even when fully-charged it will gradually lose it's ability to hold that charge --- the result is less running time than when it was a new battery. All perfectly normal behaviour. Eventually the battery will have to be replaced.
Can you tell me how i can upload pictures in this thread?

malik_42

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017

Kindly check screen shots now!!

malik_42

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017
I can’t see the picture. However my Dell G5 reports low battery capacity but that is because I have the feature switched on whereby it stops charging at 85% as I mainly use the laptop plugged in.
I hve uploaded screen shots now you can check it!!

7470 models have a pretty much 100% failure rate, every one we have at work needed new batteries, sometimes the replacement battery needed to be replaced as well after use for a bit. These are all 3 year or less old systems. I have a friend and she got a 7470 system from her work, battery is also bad in that one.

Having a battery be less than designed capacity is normal for any battery that has been used. But the 7470 batteries fail outright or expand. I would open the system and check the battery, it needs to be flat. If any of the cells are budging contact Dell support. They extended warranty on bulging batteries to 3 years at least for the 7470 models.

Reactions: malik_42

malik_42

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017
7470 models have a pretty much 100% failure rate, every one we have at work needed new batteries, sometimes the replacement battery needed to be replaced as well after use for a bit. These are all 3 year or less old systems. I have a friend and she got a 7470 system from her work, battery is also bad in that one.

Having a battery be less than designed capacity is normal for any battery that has been used. But the 7470 batteries fail outright or expand. I would open the system and check the battery, it needs to be flat. If any of the cells are budging contact Dell support. They extended warranty on bulging batteries to 3 years at least for the 7470 models.
Thank you for reply.I just turned on laptop 15 minutes before and the battery was 27% and suddenly it jumps to 6% i don't what's the problem is? must be related to battery but actually laptop is under warranty from shopkeeper as well from Dell .What should i do any idea i just need help from you people ..

Thank you for reply.I just turned on laptop 15 minutes before and the battery was 27% and suddenly it jumps to 6% i don't what's the problem is? must be related to battery but actually laptop is under warranty from shopkeeper as well from Dell .What should i do any idea i just need help from you people ..

If it's in warranty contact them and tell them you have a battery issue. But it has to be swollen to get the extended 3 yr warranty so you need to open it and look. Keep in mind the xx80 and xx90 models have similar battery issues just not as huge.

malik_42

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017

I just checked battery it is flat but another thing that I noticed is that it kept loosing its full charged capacity. Is this problem is related to software changes?