Question Laptop battery plugged in but not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2022
My laptop turned off when unplugging the power cord but the battery level was at 100%. Later I re-plugged the power cord and booted the laptop and noticed that "Battery not present" was displayed in the battery icon. I performed a battery reset by detaching the battery and pressing the power button for a few seconds. Then the presence of a battery was indicated, however the battery doesn't charge. At first it was at 4% and after several minutes it charged up to 5% and now it's stuck at 6%.
battery-not-charging.png

I tried uninstalling battery drivers and other common solutions available on internet but nothing seem to work.

P.S. This is a new battery with 0% wear level. The old battery got replaced due to exact same reason. The new battery worked for almost 2 months. Now the problem seem to persist even though the battery got replaced.

Any form of solution will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

otringal

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
If it's a new battery, they sometimes act up unless you "format" them, meaning you have to perform a full charge/discharge cycle about 3 times in a row, before the battery can get calibrated in order to act normally (and show accurate sensor data).

Status
Not open for further replies.