[SOLVED] Laptop battery safety issue can somebody identify object in question

JonasTechButchery

Commendable
Mar 11, 2021
I am looking to butcher my Samsung battery in order to fix it, the two cells i picked for it are perfect match except one problem, there is something on the back of the cells close to negative polarity pin solder point. It looks like some kind of chip maybe 1 millimetres by two millimetres in dimension. Yellow color. Is this some kind of safety thing or?

Can i just take these cells and solder +/- to same place i de soldered my original laptop cells. No messing around just solder + where old cell + was, solder - where old cell - was and re flow it using that positive wire trick.

Solution
That chip could be a Sensor/Microprocessor that keeps the health of the battery cell.
It helps the battery cells to charge evenly. Battery cells charge at slightly different rates, so it keeps them balanced.
It prevents the cells from overcharging, which could shorten the life of the battery and worse case scenario explode.
It does thermal management, preventing the cells from overheating which could shorten the life of the battery and worse case scenario explode.
That chip could be a Sensor/Microprocessor that keeps the health of the battery cell.
It helps the battery cells to charge evenly. Battery cells charge at slightly different rates, so it keeps them balanced.
It prevents the cells from overcharging, which could shorten the life of the battery and worse case scenario explode.
It does thermal management, preventing the cells from overheating which could shorten the life of the battery and worse case scenario explode.

Solution