Question Laptop beeping and not turning on ?

Jul 4, 2023
Hello everyone, my Acer Aspire ES1-512 laptop began to shut down randomly and after trying all the software solutions I could find on the internet, I decided to open up the laptop to clean the dust that was in the laptop and on the fan. I did find a lot of dust actually and I cleaned. However, after cleaning and reconnecting all the cables, the laptop is not turning on. I tried to power the laptop with a power source, there is an orange blinking lighting. The light also blinks when I press the power button in a attempt to turn on the laptop.

I decided to disconnect the integrated battery and reconnect it, when I did, the motherboard was making a continuous buzzing sound. Sometimes there is a buzzing sound with a orange light blinking on the power light. When I try to turn it on, there is a low ringing noise that comes from the laptop but it does not power on.

Could anyone be able to help me deduce what the problem could be?

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
Whilst cleaning the laptop, did you disturb any ribbon cables or forget to push the cables fully home if you unplugged them.

Does the buzzing come from the loudspeakers, an inductoror something else? Have you reconnected the battery?

Does the laptop user guide describe the function of the LED which flashes orange?

How old is the laptop? If it's more than 3 years old, you might need a new battery.

If all else fails, take it to a repair shop or return for testing if still under warranty.

Jul 4, 2023
Whilst cleaning the laptop, did you disturb any ribbon cables or forget to push the cables fully home if you unplugged them.

Does the buzzing come from the loudspeakers, an inductoror something else? Have you reconnected the battery?

Does the laptop user guide describe the function of the LED which flashes orange?

How old is the laptop? If it's more than 3 years old, you might need a new battery.

If all else fails, take it to a repair shop or return for testing if still under warranty.
No, i did not disturb any of the ribbon cables, all the cables are fully connected to their respective ports

I think the buzzing is coming from the inductor, yes i have reconnected the battery

When i did further research the indication was that there could be a battery problem

I had battery problems and i bought a new battery, that was 4 years ago, and the battery was working fine until i updated the OS

Unfortunately the warranty has expired

I apologise for the late response, work things...

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
After 4 years you might have to replace the battery again. NiMH and Lithium batteries don't last forever.

If the battery has developed a fault, the noise from the "inductor" might indicate the battery charger circuit is objecting to the strain.

If the inductor has more than two leads, it's probably a transformer.

Jul 4, 2023
After 4 years you might have to replace the battery again. NiMH and Lithium batteries don't last forever.

If the battery has developed a fault, the noise from the "inductor" might indicate the battery charger circuit is objecting to the strain.

If the inductor has more than two leads, it's probably a transformer.
okay, i'll do that, thanks

Jul 4, 2023
okay, i'll do that, thanks
Hello, I replaced the battery and the laptop is turning on again. The laptop randomly shutting down so I decided to reset the OS but keep my files. However sometimes the fan spins fast and becomes really loud when I open disk manager or. The laptop is also still shutting down randomly.

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
When you had the laptop open for cleaning, did you check the CMOS backup battery voltage? It may have nothing to do with unexpected shutdowns, but it could explain the failure to start up sometimes.

In desktop PCs, the battery is usually a bare CR2032 cell mounted in a socket. In laptops where PCB space is at a premium, CMOS batteries are often wrapped in heatshrink sleeving and connected to the mobo via thin black and red wires. You may have to hunt for the battery if it's hidden.

You can buy replacement CMOS batteries on eBay for a few dollars, but make sure you get the correct sized miniature plug on the end of the wires.

If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage on the existing battery. A new battery is 3.25V. I usually replace batteries when they drop below 2.75V (just to be on the safe side), but they may continue to work down to 2.00V.

If the battery is really low, you may notice the laptop's built in clock reverts to some strange date, e.g. in 2017. Windows will soon correct this date problem when you go on line, but the clock may revert to 2017 the next time you switch it on.

Jul 4, 2023
When you had the laptop open for cleaning, did you check the CMOS backup battery voltage? It may have nothing to do with unexpected shutdowns, but it could explain the failure to start up sometimes.

In desktop PCs, the battery is usually a bare CR2032 cell mounted in a socket. In laptops where PCB space is at a premium, CMOS batteries are often wrapped in heatshrink sleeving and connected to the mobo via thin black and red wires. You may have to hunt for the battery if it's hidden.

You can buy replacement CMOS batteries on eBay for a few dollars, but make sure you get the correct sized miniature plug on the end of the wires.

If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage on the existing battery. A new battery is 3.25V. I usually replace batteries when they drop below 2.75V (just to be on the safe side), but they may continue to work down to 2.00V.

If the battery is really low, you may notice the laptop's built in clock reverts to some strange date, e.g. in 2017. Windows will soon correct this date problem when you go on line, but the clock may revert to 2017 the next time you switch it on.
I took the CMOS battery out and put it back in, youtube video suggested that it may be a solution to the laptop not turning on, apparently doing that resets the bios. So when the laptop turned I did notice that the date and time had changed, but the laptop corrected it

I will replace the CMOS battery and will see what happens.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it

Jul 4, 2023
I took the CMOS battery out and put it back in, youtube video suggested that it may be a solution to the laptop not turning on, apparently doing that resets the bios. So when the laptop turned I did notice that the date and time had changed, but the laptop corrected it

I will replace the CMOS battery and will see what happens.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it
I had removed the CMOS battery when I had trouble getting my laptop to turn on, before I replaced the battery