Laptop beeping on 1 second interval - water damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2018
I spilled some tap water on my table and the bottom of my laptop got wet. I dried it off with a towel and turned the laptop off for a few hours.

It's mostly functioning fine, but the laptop's speaker is no longer working. When I plug in an external speaker there is a constant beeping sound through the speaker that repeats every second. I can listen to other music but the beeping sound does not stop.

The keyboard is also not working anymore and the laptop touch pad is slow to respond. I've plugged in a keyboard and a mouse and they are working fine.

I mostly want to know if there's a way to get the beeping to stop !

The laptop is a Lenovo T420 and is has wiindows 10.

Solution
It sounds like, while you dried the outside, there may be liquid inside. Running it while there is the possibility of moisture in it is not a good thing. It really needs to be opened up and left to dry out for a lot longer than a few hours. Depending on the volume of liquid, bottom or not, you are talking days.

To run it while there is any liquid in it could fry any number of components.
It sounds like, while you dried the outside, there may be liquid inside. Running it while there is the possibility of moisture in it is not a good thing. It really needs to be opened up and left to dry out for a lot longer than a few hours. Depending on the volume of liquid, bottom or not, you are talking days.

To run it while there is any liquid in it could fry any number of components.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.