[SOLVED] laptop bios update question

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
im new to using razer laptops, i have a 2019 model razer blade 15 advanced mercury white edition, where do i get the bios file? is it a exe file? how do i update? thanks. also should i update the bios???

Solution
If you are not having issues, especially on a laptop, all hardware is working normally, then there is ZERO reason to mess with the BIOS. I am all for updating the BIOS ANYTIME there is a problem that it might even remotely be relevant to update, but if there are no issues, you are more likely to create an issue than anything else.
Why are you trying to update the BIOS? BIOS updates should only be done if there is an actual problem going on that is known to be addressed by the BIOS update. Especially on laptops it's rarely, but occasionally, needed, since there are only a few situations where hardware would be changed and that's usually in the form of drives or memory, neither of which generally require revised firmware support in most cases.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
Why are you trying to update the BIOS? BIOS updates should only be done if there is an actual problem going on that is known to be addressed by the BIOS update. Especially on laptops it's rarely, but occasionally, needed, since there are only a few situations where hardware would be changed and that's usually in the form of drives or memory, neither of which generally require revised firmware support in most cases.
to be honest i was just told i should always keep the bios updated, but im having no issues and the laptop runs great.

If you are not having issues, especially on a laptop, all hardware is working normally, then there is ZERO reason to mess with the BIOS. I am all for updating the BIOS ANYTIME there is a problem that it might even remotely be relevant to update, but if there are no issues, you are more likely to create an issue than anything else.

Solution