May 9, 2020
My Laptop: Samsung Notebook Serie 3 300E5C S04
Info: The Laptop has a broken screen so I need to connect a monitor or tv.

Yesterday I started my Laptop and it worked. I can login and so on. Now i wanted to make a clean Win8.1 install or Win10 because this was the Laptop of my sis. But I wasn't able to open the Bios by pressing F2,F4,F11,F12 or del.
Everytime I tried to get in the bios to change the boot order to a usb stick(.ISO) I had a blackscreen. Then I installed Win10 on a other Pc(but with the Laptop HDD) and put the HDD back in the Laptop. But now I only see a black screen and I can see the fan spinning. I also can hear the HDD starting.
I tried to change the CMOS battery, reset the Bios, changed the Ram. I also tried to boot without the ram so the Laptop would make a piep sound but he didn't.
I don't know what i can do know.
The laptop cant be trash because it worked 1 day before.

Solution
you need to extract the right file type and name. Usually its just easier to flash the chip with programmer like ch341a.

Edit, good guide : https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...asher-1-8v-adapter-and-a-soic-8-clip.3593910/

What you need : https://www.ebay.com/itm/SOIC8-SOP8...747365?hash=item1a8cd26125:g:mKQAAOSwDbBd5kNs

You can try get someone to extract the flash file from exe at bios-mods.com, just ask them. But then again you would need to right name and filetype combination to succeed, its not guaranteed. This is for USB recovery method.

For the programmer its easier to...
remove power cable and battery. Start pressing CTRL+HOME keys, keep pressing them and while doing it plugin power cable, and press power button, you need to press ctrl+home continuously for about 10 more sec. Can you get into recovery mode? Obviously your usb dont have the right file but this is just a test. , you can get fans full speed etc

you still have old ssd/hdd with the correct partition?

Remove battery and power cable after that Try to disassembly until you can see LCD cable and remove that, then try to boot (be careful not to short anything)

EDIT: do same with keyboard, remove ribbon cable of keyboard and try to boot.

EDit: have you tried booting without battery and only power cable?

Last edited:
May 9, 2020
you still have old ssd/hdd with the correct partition?

Remove battery and power cable after that Try to disassembly until you can see LCD cable and remove that, then try to boot (be careful not to short anything)

EDIT: do same with keyboard, remove ribbon cable of keyboard and try to boot.

EDit: have you tried booting without battery and only power cable?
I disassembled the Latop completly.
No LCD, no Battery
Just CD Reader, Mainboard with GPU and CPU + Cooler, Speakers
But i wont boot

Remove cmos battery too, remove ALL connectors from the mainboard. Put it to non conductive surface. Just leave heatsink on nothing else disconnect even the fan. , only connect external monitor. Now when you plugin power cable it should boot right away without cmos battery no power button needed.

May 9, 2020
Remove cmos battery too, remove ALL connectors from the mainboard. Put it to non conductive surface. Just leave heatsink on nothing else disconnect even the fan. , only connect external monitor. Now when you plugin power cable it should boot right away without cmos battery no power button needed.
Ok i will try that

May 9, 2020
Didnt worked

Try to get into recovery mode first, you can tell its in it when you hear fans go full speed or it starts reading from the usb. Try these key combinations too like win+b, fn+b, and fn+escape.

You need to be pressing the keys already before plugging power cable, and keep holding when you press power button with other hand, then hold another 10-20sec. You will notice when you get into recovery mode, when you get they key combination right we can start searrching for the file name and type.

May 9, 2020
Try to get into recovery mode first, you can tell its in it when you hear fans go full speed or it starts reading from the usb. Try these key combinations too like win+b, fn+b, and fn+escape.

You need to be pressing the keys already before plugging power cable, and keep holding when you press power button with other hand, then hold another 10-20sec. You will notice when you get into recovery mode, when you get they key combination right we can start searrching for the file name and type.
if I turn on the pc the fan would spin (but not 100%) after a couple of seconds and the usb LED is flashing. Its every time the same with all key combinations even without. How do I see if the Keyboard is working ?

you need to extract the right file type and name. Usually its just easier to flash the chip with programmer like ch341a.

Edit, good guide : https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...asher-1-8v-adapter-and-a-soic-8-clip.3593910/

What you need : https://www.ebay.com/itm/SOIC8-SOP8...747365?hash=item1a8cd26125:g:mKQAAOSwDbBd5kNs

You can try get someone to extract the flash file from exe at bios-mods.com, just ask them. But then again you would need to right name and filetype combination to succeed, its not guaranteed. This is for USB recovery method.

For the programmer its easier to find full file, you just replace the corrupt flash with right one and your done.

Last edited:
Solution