Question Laptop black screen on power on, no logo, no bios settings, nothing ?

May 9, 2021
Inspiron 14-3442

I installed BlissOS 11.13 on my laptop as the main OS. It was working fine. Then I tried to run Linux Lite OS Live from bootable USB, I didn't see my USB in the boot menu. I changed from UEFI to Legacy, then in Bliss OS boot menu I selected UEFI firmware settings. After that when I restarted my laptop, it was just a black screen. I can hear the fan running, but nothing is on the screen. Help me out guys.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020
Hi, I think my laptop has the same problem, i had android (phoenixOS) and windows 10 both installed as a dual boot but i clicked on secure boot and it now boots to black screen stays black and doesn't boot, I can't even access BIOS/UEFI settings, please tell if your problem is fixed?

May 9, 2021
Hi, I think my laptop has the same problem, i had android (phoenixOS) and windows 10 both installed as a dual boot but i clicked on secure boot and it now boots to black screen stays black and doesn't boot, I can't even access BIOS/UEFI settings, please tell if your problem is fixed?
Nothing worked for me. I even tried to hard reset bios by removing the CMOS battery, but still no luck.

Jun 10, 2021
up!!!

well i am here looking for a fix to the same problem :( (sorry my bad english)

my laptop is a netway leviathan (Clevo p650 (?)) win 10.

this morning when i tried use it, after press de power button the lights turn on, but after 10 - 15 secs, then the fans start to run loudly.

what i tried:

1 ) connect a external screen (dont work)
  1. disconect internal baterry and restart (dont work)
  2. internal baterry , then disconect these clock type battery, push on button several secs , reconnect all and restart (dont work)
  3. disconect all previous stuff, remove all my ram. try again and dont work.

I understand if I do not have ram on my computer, it should sound some beeps

but they don't sound (the latter worries me)

are there any more tests i can do? or at least how to inspect that my motherboard did not pass to a better life?

Jun 10, 2021
well after research a while a posible cause is the graffic chip, so bassically make reballing can have a chance of solve it, in other words, i need send it to a repair shop

Jun 10, 2021
update in my case: finally aftertake my pc to the store, they find it is because battery power issues + corrupted ram memmory (i had only 1 module) after change that the PC back to the life :)

TRENDING THREADS