laptop black screen on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyvictor

Reputable
May 12, 2015
Hi I have a msi gt780dxr gaming laptop that I've had for 3 years now. It just recently got a blue screen error message in the middle of running and hasn't started since. Now when I try to turn it on the screen stays completely black with no sound. I can hear the drivers and disc running but that's about it. Prior to this my laptop has been turning off with no errors but just at random when not pliugged in though. For example my battery would drain faster than normal and cut off when I'd expect to have more battery life. I have bought a new battery to. Someone please help me with this.

Solution
Hello bizzyvictor

It looks that the issue is due to some corrupt system files.that can be rectified by following the steps below:

Assuming that you are using Windows 7 (laptop being 3 years old):

> Insert the operating system's bootable/installation disc.

> Configure the BIOS settings of your laptop to boot from the CD/DVD.

> Start the system using the bootable/installation disc.

> On the first screen, choose the language (when using installation disc) and click Next.

> Click Repair your computer from the next box.

> Wait till the System Recovery Options box detects the installed operating system and displays it in the list.

> Once done, click the Next button leaving everything as default.

> From the...
Hello bizzyvictor

It looks that the issue is due to some corrupt system files.that can be rectified by following the steps below:

Assuming that you are using Windows 7 (laptop being 3 years old):

> Insert the operating system's bootable/installation disc.

> Configure the BIOS settings of your laptop to boot from the CD/DVD.

> Start the system using the bootable/installation disc.

> On the first screen, choose the language (when using installation disc) and click Next.

> Click Repair your computer from the next box.

> Wait till the System Recovery Options box detects the installed operating system and displays it in the list.

> Once done, click the Next button leaving everything as default.

> From the next window, click Command Prompt.

> In the opened command window, type SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter.

> Wait till the scanning and rectification process completes successfully.

> Once the process completes, restart the computer normally.

The issue should be resolved by now.

Hope this helps. Let me know if more assistance is needed. :)

Solution

Naveen_6

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
hi, as per instruction, i did it but, the problem i am facing is after the command window, I am getting the c:/windows/system32>, what i can do further, I am not getting as you have said scanning and rectification process completes successfully, pls suggest me, hope your reply soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.