Laptop black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Zgavec

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
Hi , i have a hp compaq presario cq61 and when i turn it on, the screen is black. I was looking the beep codes for hp but didnt found anything. Caps lock and num lock led beeps goes like this: beep..beep..............then nothing then again beep..beep..... and it goes on like this. Hope you guys understand :D so they are 2 continuous beeps. If anyboady wants to help me i would appreciate it. Thank you. Sorry for bad english...

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue. :)
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally.
- Next is to reseat the RAM if using a different AC adapter will not work. Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If these doesn't work, do check the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up normally.
- And if all these will not work the problem lies inside the motherboard itself.

Mark Zgavec

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015

Thanks for the help, but still no luck with the laptop.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.