Question Laptop blue screen and won't repair

Sep 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

so I was using my laptop to complete a university mock test when it blue-screened and crashed randomly with "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" error. So I turned it off. I then went to turn it on, but it went bluescreened again and looped in the WRE, so I let the laptop battery completely drain so that the bios battery was emptied too, to let it reset. The laptop booted again fine but then crashed once more and has since been unable to boot properly without reaching the WRE.

I disabled the laptop from automatically running the WRE in-case it was just stuck in a loop, this did nothing. It wouldn’t reset the laptop, restore a system image or install a clean copy of windows. After checking the system error text file it looked like a corrupt register, so I tried rebuilding the registers with BCDEdit to no avail. “CHKDSK c: /r /x” failed to repair the bad sectors it found and after checking the drive the 'D:' partition of the drive was completely empty. After checking everything it, therefore, seems to be a dodgy hard drive to me. When trying to boot it says: "The operating system couldn’t be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors"

Fixes tried:
sfc scannow
BCDEdit
CHKDSK
reset/restore/fresh install

If anyone has any other ideas of any software issues it could be and how to fix it that’d be beautiful! Thank you, this is my first post here so I hope it’s formatted correctly.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS