[SOLVED] Laptop Boot Issue

Apr 13, 2022
Hi! I have a Dell G3 series laptop that has been used for 3.5 years. A few days ago the browser froze (the mouse was still movable) and went to the BSoD. I think the tag was boot_device_ inaccessible or something similar. I set about trying to repair the Windows (10) installation. The onboard Dell OS recovery program wouldn't load at all, a system repair resulted in the laptop passing POST and then crashing on loading Windows. I made a system recovery drive on my desktop, and started a fresh install of the OS. The drive got to 64% before it started to do the same thing (passing POST then crashing on Windows loading). To specify, the splash page comes up, the pinwheel starts, count to ten and it freezes and reboots). So I cracked the case and reseated the m.2 drive I assume the OS is on. I'm at my wits end on this, I'm thinking it's the m.2 drive failing. Thoughts?

Apr 13, 2022
K, I will, thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to get Thai thing fixed by Saturday. Do you have a recommendation for a replacement m.2 for this laptop? I can work on towers, but laptops are a different animal to my level of experience.