Question Laptop Boot Time too long

Might be cmos battery too low voltage, or bios chip seen its best days. You might try reflash the chip, look exact model number ( i guess its DV6-1299us there is no model dv6-129us) download latest bios. Before flashing check that your battery has atleasst 30% charge and power cable is plugged in, disable your antivirus until next boot. Continue with flash, this is your own risk, if bios chip is already damaged you might freeze during flash.

Usually these dv5-6- and 7 series are flooded with ati readeon chip failure, however this suggests other thing. I actually would just replace the cmos battery and if that wont help then weigh in do you want to risk the flashing or just wait 30sec for the splash screen.

Apr 1, 2020
Hi
Thanks for your reply. The model no is indeed DV6129US. It was originally DV6000 but when it was given for repairs to HP in U.S.A they replaced the motherboard to DV6129US. There was Win XP installed and i used it without any problems. The splash screen used to appear only for 5 secs. Then i did a fresh install of Win 7 64bit and the splash screen problem occurred.
I tried replacing the cmos battery but it never helped. Then i powered up the laptop without connecting the hard drive and the splash screen appeared for 30 secs and disappeared.
I could live with this problem as the laptop works fine but as i am a technical person (Electronics service manager for a chain of musical stores in India) i am curious to know why this occurred.
Thanks
Barry