Question Laptop boots only sometimes at random

jozinovitko

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
Hey! I have a weird issue. My Samsung 350V5C-S05CZ boots only sometimes. Like one of 10 times when I turn it on. Sometimes it boots 2times in a row and sometimes it doesn´t boot even after 20th time. When it doesn´t boot Leds turn on, fan is working, but screen remains black. It seems like sometimes the power on self test just diagnoses something wrong and notebook remains in this state (it is exactly like when you don´t have any RAM connected). I don´t think any hardware is damaged, when notebook boots it is working completely fine even for hours, booting is the only problem. I was thinking about updating BIOS, can it fix the issue? Is updating BIOS safe? Thanks for your replies!

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
Hello there,

I know that it is not nice to redirect to other sites, but try reading this:

And from my own experience this might be the issue with a graphics card. As I had an Dell laptop which required GPU pre-heating. Also check you RAM, try to push it in. Maybe they got a bit lose or something. I'm not sure about BIOS update, tho.

jozinovitko

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
Hey! Thanks for your reply. I know about GPU issues, but when I actually boot ntb is working completely fine for hours, no signs of bad graphics. Checked and switched my RAM a lot of times. Tried other two RAMs too. Nothing really helped with the problem :/