Laptop boots with 100% disk usage everytime

jasondiaz474

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
I own a Lenovo Flex 2 15 that has a 500Gb SSHD running Windows 10. As of late, every time i boot up the laptop, the disk usage under task manager reads at a 100%. None of the processes are using more than a few Mbps. I have a dirty feeling that the drive itself is starting to fail but i am hoping that it is nothing more than some sort of software cockup. The Laptop is only a year old and just passed its warranty (typical).

i have tried cleaning up the drive and no bueno. i haven't run chkdsk simply because i heard it takes along time and if the drive does have bad sectors there is a slim chance of fixing it :(

It didn't always happen though. it used to happen pretty scarcely and would correct itself after a while. now it rarely remedies itself and pretty much hovers over 95% at all times

So i was wondering if there is a way to fix this problem, or will i have to buy a replacement drive and clone my data on it?

Thanks for your help in advance

Solution
I had the same issue a while ago on my university-owned Lenovo. After trying different things I figured out that my AV (F-Secure) was causing this issue. A quick uninstall and the issue resolved itself.

Keep me posted.

P.S. opted for malware bytes + windows defender

TheKingHK

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I had the same issue a while ago on my university-owned Lenovo. After trying different things I figured out that my AV (F-Secure) was causing this issue. A quick uninstall and the issue resolved itself.

Keep me posted.

P.S. opted for malware bytes + windows defender

Solution