Question Laptop bricked? While upgrading to Windows 10

rlqjaalk

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
My laptop (Samsung NT305V5A-S4PB) was turned off while updating to Windows 10 during battery power and need help fixing it.
The laptop was running Windows 7 Home Premium K OA and I decided to update to Windows 10 on the Microsoft Windows 10 installation tool. Which I had to delete my graphics driver in order to proceed the installation. And while doing it, it turned off because the battery was low. So I made a usb installation boot drive which it is stuck on a black background with Windows 10 logo and a spinning circle. Please help me to fix this 8 year old laptop. Thanks!

hang-the-9

Titan
Did you check if that model has Windows 10 drivers for the hardware? If not, you can end up with something major not working like no sound, or video card running on basic slow drivers.

Seemed like you learned not to work on laptops without the power plug connected.

You may need to power the machine off a couple of times during it booting Win 10; on the 2nd or 3rd bootup, you should get a menu with recovery options. See if you can roll back from here. If not, try that USB stick you made to repair or roll back (can't recall if the USB drive lets you do the latter).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS