Question Laptop Broken Frame?

May 1, 2021
Hello,

I have an MSI GE63 Raider RGB-012 laptop.
Specs
CPU: i7-8750h
GPU: Gtx 1060 6gb
Ram: 16gb ddr4 2400mhz
Screen size: 15.6 1920x1080

My issue is that as I was closing my laptop to transport it, what looks like the bezel or adhesive came off. A small pocket of the frame near the hinge pops off. Has anyone seen anything like this? When I close it, there's no visible damage, yet when I open it said visible damage shows. I'm not sure if it's said clips or not.

Not an expert, just curious if anyone has seen something similar, if so, what would you do?
Pictures attached in an imgue gallery.

Monitor damage?

May 1, 2021
How old is the laptop? Any remaining warranty?

If you gently try to push or otherwise snap the separation into place does that hold?
The laptop is from 2018, no warranty remaining. I already had work done on it via warranty and the hinges got replaced by MSI.

If I push or snap it, it holds, but when I close my laptop, and then open it again the problem repeats and it's back to square 1.

Ralston18

Titan
How long ago were the hinges replaced?

And the replacement hinges at least temporarily resolved the problem - correctd?

Any extended warranty after that original repair?

Overall, my thought is that there is some misalignment between screen and laptop body. So when opened the area separated is stressed and pops open again.

You may need someone to remove the screen and check the hinges to ensure they are correctly aligned or have not come loose in some manner.

There may be other ideas and suggestions.

May 1, 2021
How long ago were the hinges replaced?

And the replacement hinges at least temporarily resolved the problem - correctd?

Any extended warranty after that original repair?

Overall, my thought is that there is some misalignment between screen and laptop body. So when opened the area separated is stressed and pops open again.

You may need someone to remove the screen and check the hinges to ensure they are correctly aligned or have not come loose in some manner.

There may be other ideas and suggestions.
The repairs were 2 years ago. The warranty is now expired. I'll most likely find someone that can check them out.