[SOLVED] Laptop cable in the way of mSATA drive

Apr 22, 2019
There is room in my laptop for an mSATA drive, but one of the cables for the fan appears to be in the way, I have attached an image with the cable circled in red.
k09yJYM.jpg

nFmnYuy.jpg

The cable can be seen stopping the mSATA drive from attaching to the motherboard correctly.
dFNr8ai.jpg

fjBDgY4.jpg

I am able to move the cable underneath the drive, but this solution leaves the cable pushing up against the drive, as seen below.
3emPP7a.jpg

Is it a problem that the cable presses against the underside of the drive? If so, is there some other way for me to overcome this issue? I've noticed that a few cables appear to be coming from the fan region, is it necessary to have them all plugged in?

Specs:
Laptop
Model: MSI GE60 0ND
Motherboard model: MS-16GA
SSD: Samsung V-NAND SSD 860 EVO mSATA

Solution
it looks like the cable should be routed to the edge of its connector and will run under the secured SSD. have you tried to finagle the cable so it lays flat to the motherboard? (looks like it should) if you do not have enough cable to install the drive this might be something MSI may need to address.

in last image try routing the cable to the other side of its connector, so it is not under the drive.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
it looks like the cable should be routed to the edge of its connector and will run under the secured SSD. have you tried to finagle the cable so it lays flat to the motherboard? (looks like it should) if you do not have enough cable to install the drive this might be something MSI may need to address.

in last image try routing the cable to the other side of its connector, so it is not under the drive.

Solution
Apr 22, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean by routing the cable to the edge of its connector. Do you mean like this?
n6bA7k6.jpg

If so, I'm afraid that's not possible, the cable isn't quite long enough.

I'm also not quite sure what you mean by "finagle the cable", could you elaborate?