[SOLVED] Laptop can hardly read from external HDD ?

Nov 23, 2021
Hello to all readers.
I had a laptop(hp probook 4530s) and it had an internal HDD drive. I removed the drive and put a SSD drive instead . After that I put the HDD in a case and used it as an external disk drive. Everything was good✔

Lately I bought another laptop (asus rog g15 g513qm (cpu: amd ryzen9 5900hx)).
Now my new laptop is ok with all other external HDDs and my external HDD works good with all other laptops. But when I connect my HDD to my laptop , the laptop reads files too slow.
I mean when I connect HDD to laptop , the laptop reads or writes too slow and its hard to work with this.
what can I do now?

Solution
Hard drives use more power than ssds, it could be that the USB port you are using cannot supply enough power to it. Some old external caddies and drives came with two cables or a Y splitter cable so that they could be powered by two ports. Newer hdd's use less power so they are more likely to run off a single port fine.
Hard drives use more power than ssds, it could be that the USB port you are using cannot supply enough power to it. Some old external caddies and drives came with two cables or a Y splitter cable so that they could be powered by two ports. Newer hdd's use less power so they are more likely to run off a single port fine.

Solution
A quick and dirty thing to try, would be the removal policy. In Windows Explorer right click on your drive>>>>properties>>>>hardware tab. Select your drive from the list>>>properties>>>change settings>>>policies>>>better performance:
View: https://imgur.com/rtbaKTL

Perhaps worth a try just in case it helps. You should use the safely remove hardware feature before you disconnect though if you enable this.

TRENDING THREADS