[SOLVED] Laptop cannot boot into windows, black screen

Aug 7, 2021
Hi, Recently my laptop goes black screen when I turn it on and cannot boot into windows 7.
I tried external monitor and it didn't work.

When I try to boot it normally the screen goes completely black When starting windows (before logging in),
The same goes with safe mode, startup repair, and other boot options I tried.
I had a win XP CD so i tried booting up with it and it didn't work too. A blue screen appeared with the code : 0x0000007B

Is there's anyway to make my laptop boot again? Is my hard drive the problem?

Note : Currently I'm using a very old laptop (ACER ASPIRE 4530)

Solution
Very old indeed!

You can rule out your HDD being faulty/failing by replacing it with a known working HDD or SSD and seeing you can get life back into the laptop. The other thing you can do is hook up an external display and see if you get display to external display in spite of seeing a black screen. Speaking of black screen do you hear anything from where the HDD usually is located in the laptop?

You can conversely remove your HDD and hook it up to a donor system or via a dock to see if the drive is indeed faulty or shows up in the OS GUI.

Lutfij

Titan
Very old indeed!

You can rule out your HDD being faulty/failing by replacing it with a known working HDD or SSD and seeing you can get life back into the laptop. The other thing you can do is hook up an external display and see if you get display to external display in spite of seeing a black screen. Speaking of black screen do you hear anything from where the HDD usually is located in the laptop?

You can conversely remove your HDD and hook it up to a donor system or via a dock to see if the drive is indeed faulty or shows up in the OS GUI.

Solution
Aug 7, 2021
Thanks, I'll try with another hard drive. The fault dri
Very old indeed!

Thanks, I'll try with another drive. I tried the faulty drive on another laptop and it failed as well. External monitor didn't work too.

There was no weird sounds or anything from the HDD, I tested it previously about 1 day ago and there was 2 bad sectors, Can it cause the hard drive to fail suddenly? Is it possible to recover the data? (My dad's old project is in there)

Thanks