Question Laptop can't even run league of legends at 60fps constant

Feb 28, 2021
Hello, I've been having some issue with my laptop for quite some time now it's a brand new laptop, less than a year old, but the performance on this thing is just really bad and idk why. I've tried every fix possible including upgrading ram, using ryzen controller and even changing the power plan. Non-demanding games such as league of legends and especially cs:go won't give out a constant 60fps and often time it'll dip to 20+fps at worst.

Here are my laptop specs:
ASUS Vivobook A512DA
cpu: ryzen 5 3500u
gpu: vega 8
ram size: 20gb (16+8)
ram speed: 2400mhz
dram speed: 900+mhz

Drivers and system has been updated to the latest version available. Also the game is running on my 3200rpm 2tb external hard drive.

its not a gaming laptop, but since u have integrated GPU which has performance based on your ram speed...
that 16+4GB ram is your issue, 4+4 works in dual channel (fast ram), rest 12GB runs in single channel (slow ram)
when gpu will run in fast ram, gpu will be "fast", when it will run in slow ram it will slow down
ur best bet would be selling that 16gb stick and get 4gb stick with same/similar frequency/timings ss your soldered 4gb stick

Feb 28, 2021
its not a gaming laptop, but since u have integrated GPU which has performance based on your ram speed...
that 16+4GB ram is your issue, 4+4 works in dual channel (fast ram), rest 12GB runs in single channel (slow ram)
when gpu will run in fast ram, gpu will be "fast", when it will run in slow ram it will slow down
ur best bet would be selling that 16gb stick and get 4gb stick with same/similar frequency/timings ss your soldered 4gb stick
Alright i did tried using the old 4gb ram again so that i'll get a 4+4 config. the performance is much worse compare to when i had 16gb in it. the freq of the 4gb is relatively close to the integrated ram speed.