Laptop cant find my SSID but can find others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraxure13

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Hi guys, so my father gave me his old laptop. The problems is it cannot find our WIFI, it can detect he neighbor's WIFI. But sometimes, it can detect our WIFI, sometimes not. Right now I am using the laptop and conected to our WIFI, but I am afraid sooner or later it will disconnect then it cant find it again. What could be the problem? The laptop is an ASUS F8S and was an Intel 4965AGN Wireless Module.

Tech_TTT

Notable
Apr 4, 2017

When ever this happens reboot the notebook. it will find it again. some notebook have this issue.

Fraxure13

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

Did that before, sadly it did not work. There are barriers, I mean I am in the other room, but I also tried to draw closer to the point where it is beside me and yet still it can't detect the wifi. But even if I am in the other room, my phone can connect.

Tried it also, but it doesn't work .

No, my phone and other devices could easily detect the WIFI, even if I were to forget the WIFI and connect again.

Pramethius

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
This maybe a security an or fire wall issue, if you have the connection, make sure your security an or fire wall allows your said WIFI connection to open, an to stay open running with not limitations or restrictions, or if others are experiencing the same problem, it could be the Wireless modem or its security, firewall ? PS Check all PC's Connection Drivers for all your network adapters to be connected. Good Luck

Pramethius

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
lol Windows 10 Is all I can say, my mother told me along time ago, If you have nothing nice to say about an OS don't say nothing at all, So I'm going to stand on the 5th amendment on that one an say nothing at all, like mommy said .

Apr 3, 2020
I had the same issue and had a tough time figuring it out. It turned out that since I bought a new Wifi 6 router, the driver package on for my Intel Wireless adapter had to be manually updated so that it could work with 802.11ax. In my ASUS router, once I disabled 802.11ax, my laptop could find the SSID which is what lead me to find the driver issue. To fix the driver issue, follow these instructions: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037422/

USAFRet

Titan
I had the same issue and had a tough time figuring it out. It turned out that since I bought a new Wifi 6 router, the driver package on for my Intel Wireless adapter had to be manually updated so that it could work with 802.11ax. In my ASUS router, once I disabled 802.11ax, my laptop could find the SSID which is what lead me to find the driver issue. To fix the driver issue, follow these instructions: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037422/
3 years later.....
This is not a WiFi 6 issue.

Please don't dredge up old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.